Legal – Terms, Conditions & Policies
General T&Cs (Terms & Conditions)
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS PROVIDED ONCE THE ONLINE PORTAL HAS BEEN ACCESSED. YOU MAY DEFER YOUR LIVE COURSE TO ANOTHER DATE IF THE ONE YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR IS NO LONGER SUITABLE.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property:
All course content, including but not limited to text, images, videos, audio recordings, presentations, assessments, and any other materials provided in the certification course (hereinafter referred to as “Materials”), are the intellectual property of ACTIVATE Academy and/or its content providers. The Materials are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- Permitted Uses:
Participants who enroll in the certification course are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Materials solely for the purpose of completing the course and obtaining certification. Participants may not reproduce, distribute, modify, or create derivative works from the Materials without the express written consent of ACTIVATE Academy.
Participants are expressly prohibited from:
- Sharing their login credentials with others.
- Selling, renting, leasing, or sublicensing access to the course or Materials.
- Copying, reproducing, or distributing the Materials in any form or format.
- Certification and Recognition:
Upon successful completion of the certification course, participants will be awarded a certification from ACTIVATE Academy. However, the certification does not grant any additional rights to use or reproduce the Materials beyond the scope outlined in this copyright clause.
- Enforcement of Copyright:
ACTIVATE Academy reserves the right to take legal action to enforce its copyright in the event of any unauthorized use or distribution of the Materials.
- Modifications and Updates:
ACTIVATE Academy reserves the right to modify, update, or discontinue the certification course and its Materials at any time without prior notice.
- Contact Information:
For any inquiries regarding the use of the Materials or requests for permission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governing Law:
This copyright clause shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of ONTARIO, Canada.
By enrolling in the Fitness and Lifestyle Coaching: Women’s Wellness Specialist Certification Course offered by ACTIVATE Academy, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
Assumption of Risk:
- You understand that participating in physical fitness activities involves certain inherent risks. These risks may include but are not limited to, physical injury, illness, or even death. You voluntarily assume all risks and responsibilities associated with participation in the Fitness and Lifestyle Coaching: Women’s Wellness Specialist Certification Course.
Physical Fitness Requirement:
- The Fitness and Lifestyle Coaching: Women’s Wellness Specialist Certification Course may involve physical activities that require a certain level of fitness. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically capable of participating in such activities. If you have any concerns about your health or fitness, it is recommended that you consult with a qualified healthcare professional before enrolling in the course.
- The information provided during the Fitness and Lifestyle Coaching: Women’s Wellness Specialist Certification Course is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute professional advice, and you should not rely on it as such. Consult with a qualified fitness professional or healthcare provider before implementing any fitness or wellness recommendations.
- All course materials, including but not limited to manuals, videos, and presentations, are the intellectual property of ACTIVATE Academy, Connie Beaulieu & Sarah Zahab. These materials are provided for your personal use only and may not be reproduced, distributed, or shared without explicit permission.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- There are no refunds provided once the online portal has been accessed. You may defer your live course to another date if the one you are registered for is no longer suitable.
Modification of Terms:
- ACTIVATE Academy, Connie Beaulieu & Sarah Zahab reserves the right to modify, update, or change the terms and conditions of the Fitness and Lifestyle Coaching: Women’s Wellness Specialist Certification Course[Your Fitness Certification Course] at any time without prior notice. It is your responsibility to review these terms periodically.
By enrolling in the Fitness and Lifestyle Coaching: Women’s Wellness Specialist Certification Course, you indicate your understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these terms, please refrain from enrolling in the course.
ACTIVATE Academy, Connie Beaulieu & Sarah Zahab reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Organizer may cancel all or any part of the Event for any reason beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, natural or public disaster, act of God, acts of terrorism, venue construction, insufficient participation, market fluctuations, government regulation, or similar reasons, in which case Organizer will refund to participant. A change in the name, presenter or date of the Event does not constitute a cancellation by the Organizer.
Event Emergency Action Plan
Any cancellation due to “state of emergency”, will be broadcasted via social media sites and email notification.
In the event of an “on site” emergency, please listen to the volunteers who will escort you out of your room, or provide you with instruction.
If you have a mobility issue and need assistance, in case of an emergency evacuation, please speak with someone from the registration desk and they will arrange to meet you at your workshop or will meet you at a specified meeting point to help escort you out of the building.
None of the Event Providers are liable for any damage, loss, harm, or injury to the person, property, or business, or any of its visitors, officers, agents, employees, or other representatives, resulting from theft, fire, earthquake, water, unavailability of the venue or intermediate staging facilities, insufficient participation, accident, or any other reason in connection with the Event or any planning meetings, demonstrations, or stagings, except to the extent such liability arises directly from the willful misconduct of the Event Provider against whom liability is sought to be assessed.
2023 On-Demand Product
- All information and products offered by our presenters are subject to their own liability and are a subject to their own views and beliefs. We do not validate any claims put forward.
- You will have access to the 2023 ACTIVATE FitCon library for 45 days. These recordings are solely for your viewing. It is forbidden to copy, share or reproduce in any manner.
- Please note that these recordings are presented in raw form – they have not been edited. Some videos contain tech delays & glitches.
- If you would like to recieve a CEC Certificate of Completion, please send us a list of code words you hear in the sessions. You must watch a minimum of 7 sessions to obtain the certificate. These code words are provided by the presenter in the recording.
- There are no refunds on On-Demand Purchases.
2024 Event Special Conditions & Refund Policy*
No registration cancellations/no refunds after Mar 1, 2024.
You may transfer your registration (to another person) up until April 10, 2024.
Organizer may change (replace) presenter due to emergency or illness, where they cannot attend.
No session selection changes within 10 days of event.
If you cancel your registration prior to Mar 1, there is a $20 processing fee.
If you register online, all service fees are non refundable.
Please note, ACTIVATE is still monitoring the COVID-19 health risks and will update any guidelines necessary. While masks are not required, you are welcome to wear one if you feel more comfortable. Here is more information on the COVID-19 public health guidelines:
You must NOT attend in person if you have any symptoms (gastrointestinal symptoms, eg, vomiting or diarrhea or fever) or have tested positive within the past 5 days. If you are registered for ACTIVATE FitCon, you may join us online.
CECs (Continuing Education Credits) & Certificate of Completion
Full CEC certificates are only eligible to those who attend the Full FitCon In-Person OR complete a minimum 8 contact hours online. On Demand recordings may be eligible for CECs using code word reporting.
Group Discounts – Special Terms and Conditions for ACTIVATE FitCon 2024
You must be an active employee of a sponsored group in order to qualify for the special discounted registration price. You must provide your homeclub details upon registration. In order to qualify for the ACTIVATE FitCon CEC certificate, you must attend the full day or complete 8 contact hours online. This certificate can be presented to your manager, in order to qualify for “in house” recognition. Any person who uses a group code, without actively being a part of the group, will be required to pay the balance, or risk having registration forfeited.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. You may receive newsletters, offers and emails pertaining to our programs and services. You may opt out at any time.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
The information presented herein(purchased from any program) is in no way intended as medical advice or to serve as a substitute for medical counseling. Rather, as nutritional and exercise guidance this is intended only to supplement, not replace, medical care or advice as part of a healthful lifestyle.
As such, the information should be used in conjunction with the guidance and care of your physician. You must consult your physician before beginning this program as you would with any exercise program. If you choose not to obtain the consent of your physician and/or work with your physician throughout the duration of your time using this product from S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy, you are agreeing to accept full responsibility for your actions.
By utilizing the nutritional guidance and exercise strategies contained herein(purchased from any program) , you recognize that despite all precautions on the part of Connie Beaulieu or other staff/contractors or trainers of S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy. There are risks of injury or illness which can occur with any program and you assume such risks and waive, relinquish and release any claim which you may have against Connie Beaulieu or other staff/contractors or trainers of S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy or its affiliates as a result of any future physical injury or illness incurred in connection with, or as a result of, the use or misuse of this nutritional guide and exercise program for personal use.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Email Subscriptions / Form Submissions
When you submit your email and details via one of our contact forms, we promise not to pass on your submitted information to any third party. We also understand that you may want to confirm or leave the email subscription at any point hence we ask that you send an email to: email@example.com with the subject stating whether you wish your email to be confirmed or deleted. If we do not hear from you we will automatically assume you wish to be kept on the list.
GDPR Compliance | Privacy & Security
This website complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulation as set out HERE. It does this by adhering to the advice supplied by the Information Commissioner’s Office as set out HERE. It is very important to note that by viewing pages and clicking the links of this website you are consenting to your involvement with the GDPR regulations such as the use and management of your personal information. Any queries you have relating to this law should be made clear by contacting us. If you do not agree with our policies please opt out by not visiting this website anymore once you are satisfied all your data queries have been dealt with.
By clicking the “Stay” button on the alert bar shown at the bottom of a page and or not choosing to click the “Leave” button you have chosen to abide by our Terms, Conditions & Policies. Furthermore, every time you are viewing a page on this website and clicking a link you are confirming your consent to abide by our data terms and conditions and privacy policies. This means some data relating to you might be stored on our servers. For example if you sign up to become a user and receive a profile page, your name and email is considered data stored by us. We need such data so that you can log back in whenever you wish to view and amend your profile details. This information is not likely to be passed on to any third party. If you opt into a form which involves the need to use a third party then your details may be passed on, if you click a link to an external service appropriate personal information maybe transferred, for example if you are claiming 50% off an Amazon purchase your analytics may follow you from this website to Amazon.com this is considered a legal and sensible form of normal data collection which is designed to serve your personal needs as appropriately and easily as is possible, giving you a great user experience. Submitting information to us via a form and or subscription is also seen as you approving of us using the submitted information to best serve your needs. At all costs we aim to safeguard your data and hope you understand that it is in our best interest to do so.
- First check which browser/s you have used when visiting this website and delete all of the stored information held within each browser. You can do this by following the advice found in Option1 and or Option2.
If you are still concerned what cookie related information may have been stored please contact us directly via our contact details.
ACTIVATE Academy is run by S.W.E.A.T. Inc, established and run in Canada, with its permanent office at 3844 Marble Canyon, Ottawa, Ontario K1V 1P8.
This website is hosted by SiteGround.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1.613.822.7488
Customer Service Contact
Customers may contact us with any questions or service requests
By e-mail: email@example.com
By Phone: 1.613.822.7488
The “products” on offer at this site are non-physical and as such no actual shipping of goods takes place. Services are provided either in person, or via electronic means (including but not limited to this website, its forums, e-mail and other digital forms of communication). Payments are not refundable.
If you purchase a VIP membership or other product identified as a recurring subscription, your card will automatically be charged on the timeframe specified in that product’s description. For example, a product marked at $19.99 per month and purchased on the 12th of any given month will be billed each subsequent month on 12th of that month, until such a time as the customer contacts us with a request to discontinue their subscription. To cancel your subscription at any time, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.613.822.7488. You must provide 30 days notice.
All sales are subject to a 13% tax as per Canadian law.
THIS AGREEMENT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. READ IT CAREFULLY
You, the Participant, are aware that there are risks associated with participating in Fitness activities and exercise. Your participation and attendance at ACTIVATE FitCon & FitPalooza is completely voluntary, and you freely accept and fully assume responsibility for all risks, and all possibilities of personal injury, death, property damage or loss to yourself or any other person as a result of your participation in all activities within ACTIVATE FitCon & FitPalooza . By attending ACTIVATE FitCon & FitPalooza , you and your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns agree:
- to waive all claims, known or unknown, that you have or may have in the future against S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy, including their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, volunteers, business operators, independent contractors and site property owners or lessees (the “organization”), that S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy, is not liable or responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of your property.
- to release and forever discharge S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy, from all liability for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from your participation in fitness activities due to any cause, including but not limited to negligence (failure to use such care as a reasonably prudent and careful person would use under similar circumstances), breach of any duty imposed by law, breach of contract or mistake in error of judgment of S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy; and
- to be liable for and to hold harmless and indemnify S.W.E.A.T. Inc o/a ACTIVATE Academy, from all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, costs demand, including court costs on a solicitor and own client basis, and liabilities of whatsoever nature or kind arising out of or in any way connected with your participation in fitness activities.
- Please consult your physician prior to starting an exercise or fitness program and prior to your participation at ACTIVATE FitCon & FitPalooza.
- Do not attend ACTIVATE FitCon if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms, such as (but not limited to) fever, nausea, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Photography and video clips during this event may be used in marketing purposes – such as event website, print ads, social media. You hereby release use of photos/video with your participation.
- All information and products offered by our exhibitors and presenters are subject to their own liability and are a subject to their own views and beliefs. We do not validate any claims put forward.
You may print the waiver here
*We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.